Cherish the Children Foundation, a 501(C)(3) has been improving the lives of children for more than 25 years. Working initially under the names of Carbone Family Foundation and Carbone Charities, Inc., the Carbone family began its charitable giving initiatives in 1989. The original beneficiary was Newington Children’s Hospital, predecessor to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center.
In 2002, the Foundation reorganized under a new volunteer board of directors and changed its name to Cherish the Children Foundation to better reflect our vision of being a resource to families who have nowhere else to turn.
With the support of individuals and businesses, the Foundation assists children in our community who’s needs are not being met by traditional sources of funding or support. We may fill a special medical need or assist a family caring for a terminally ill child. The needs are diverse and with your help- together, we are improving the quality of children’s lives, one child at a time.
To provide a responsive and direct resource to children in need so that they have the opportunity to achieve their greatest potential.
Unlike many nonprofit organizations with expenses for salaries, rent and utilities, the Foundation is wholly staffed by dedicated volunteers who enthusiastically donate their time, talents and resources to help children in Connecticut.
YOUTH MENTOR PROGRAM
CTCF also prides itself in its youth mentor program. Our local teens volunteer to solicit donations , volunteer at our events and work on community service projects in support of the families we serve. Truly the philanthropists of tomorrow, these young adults are an inspiration to us all.
- Emily Balducci EmilyRose Style Group
- Dr. Guy Carbone Carbone Chiropractic Center
- Jennifer Carroll Connecticut Family Support Network | Carroll Wealth Management Advisors of Raymond James
- Ashley Girouard The Hartford
- Gina Gority Updike, Kelly & Spellacy
- Carrie O’Neil Hill Educator
- Kevin Hoagland The Firmament Group
- Darci Hughes Tongal
- Gail Hughes Peridot Foundation
- John Longo On-Site Support
- Rich McCarthy Great American Donut
- Kevin McEleney Updike, Kelly & Spellacy
- Sue Meotti
- TJ Quinn Quinn & Co.
- Christopher Rupp Crescent Point Private Wealth
- Ryan Schneeloch Haribo Company
- Kevin Tabellione RBC Wealth Management
- Barbara Balducci EmilyRose Style Group
- David Gority Pratt & Whitney Aircraft
- Shelby Knights Habco Industries
- Colin Hill Meketa Investment Group
- Kelly Langan
- Garrett Lynn
- Colin McCarthy CohnReznick
- Bob Martino Updike, Kelly & Spellacy
- Thomas Quinn The Amynta Group
- Austin Rupp Sound Seal Manufacturing
- Bella Tabellione Student